fot

Virus

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Virus
From: "P Richardson" <paul-richardson@cyberware.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 11:02:20 -0000
Hi FOTers

What a bloody nightmare this virus caused. It bypassed my Norton 2001
protection and started buggering about in my e-mail addressbook. I downloaded
two days ago and then all types of buggeration started. People e-mailed me
back saying they'd received messages I had not sent. One pal jokingly phoned
me and said the virus had given him and unsociable disease!!

I fear I've passed this bloody thing on to Cary Perket, Mike Cook, - and a pal
of mine in France who's just set himself up on e.mail. Many Many apologies to
anyone on the list I've passed the virus to.

My I.T. guy spent 2 hours purging my computer last evening so Its all cleaned
up now. He also warned that there are new viruses about now that look for
virus protection and 'think' their way round it.

In conclusion, some day soon, the computer people will know how to fire virus
bullets back to originators. - I know you'll all join me in hoping that the
perpetrators receive one the size of a trombone right up their backsides -
wide end first.

Apologies and best wishes
Paul