fot

Re: 6 cylinder pushrod length required

To: kaskas@earthlink.net, GuyotLeonF@aol.com
Subject: Re: 6 cylinder pushrod length required
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2001 13:57:24 EST
In a message dated 12/3/01 10:36:44 AM Pacific Standard Time,

<< Subj:     Re: 6 cylinder pushrod length required
 Date:  12/3/01 10:36:44 AM Pacific Standard Time
 From:  kaskas@earthlink.net (Kas Kastner)
 To:    WEmery7451@aol.com, GuyotLeonF@aol.com
 CC:    fot@autox.team.net

 Shims under the rocker pedestals is okay until you mill a BUNCH off the head
 like I did most of the time..then you can expect a change in  change the
 rocker geometry and the shims are working the wrong way with the wipe on the
 stem being off center. >>

I noticed this effect on one of my early engines with 0.150" off of the head,
standard rods, and thick shims.  During the last several years, I have been
using a head that started with 0.175" milled off of it, and probably has
0.185" off of it now.  With this head, I have been using very thin shims -- I
would have to mic. them again.

With the Jack Wheeler popup Cosworth pistons, you use a head that is milled
0.150", and still mill some metal off of the flat portions of the piston
crowns.