fot

Top shock mounts for Herald based cars

To: FOT@autox.team.net
Subject: Top shock mounts for Herald based cars
From: Gt6steve@aol.com
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 20:23:24 EST
Amici,
My late Mentor had some rod bearing setup on the top of his Spitfire front
shocks. It replaced the rubber donuts and tripod plate assembly that is
typical on these cars.  Looked like a Rod bearing trapped in a triangular
plate.
I suspect it is a farm bearing but Las Vegas is real thin on farm equipment
dealers.  Is anybody running this setup or know anything about it?  I suspect
Rick Kline was involved but he's moving now and incommunicado.  Can the FOT
help?

PS, My Mentor was Buster Callahan who drove an awesome GP 1147 Spit.  He
holds lap record for every one of the configurations of the Las Vegas track
that he was able to see.  (In GP of course)  Steve