fot

Tiny Tim's former engine

To: Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tiny Tim's former engine
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2001 10:09:03 -0700
Friends, Since I have transplanted the S2000 engine into Tiny Tim, I have the
1300 power plant including the gearbox.clutch/flywheel, etc. for sale.

I have been trying to sell the entire thing as a unit locally because of the
shipping costs but since there are few Spitfire racers locally, I still
have it.  I would take $3500 for the entire thing but would sell it in
individual pieces.  The whole thing has less than 300 miles since being built
(autocross miles, that is, but is is just as strong as new).

I will entertain any serious offers.  Here is the configuration:

-Spitfire Mk3 1300 engine
-11.6:1 compression ratio
-bored .040 over with flat top pistons
-Kastner style lightened and polished rods
-Crank turned down .010/.010
-ARP head bolts and rod bolts
-Completely balanced as an assembly (with clutch and flywheel)
-pinned in thrust washers
-new oil pump
-new water pump
-copper head gasket from Gasket Works
-highly machined, ported and flowed large valve 1500 head port matched to the
intake manifold
-Roller Rockers from Ted Schumacher
-Lightened lifters from VB
-Titanium Push Rods from Ted Schumacher
-High Lift autocross cam that has a straight power curve from 3000 to 7000 rpm.
-Rebuilt Lucas alternator
-complete with Lucas Starter
-Aluminum Flywheel from Ted Schumacher
-Aluminum bell housing
-Cannon Intake Manifold
-Twin DCOE Webers with extra tuning parts
-Delco Distributor with Pertronix Ignitor installed
-Helical wound Borg/Warner Plug wire set
-GT6 close ratio gear box with cut down input shaft for Spitfire application
-1500 clutch
-Ted Schumacher solid clutch disk
-Rebuilt clutch slave cylinder

Regards,