fot

New Member Introduction

To: "fot@autox.team.net" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: New Member Introduction
From: Larry Young <cartravel@pobox.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2001 13:10:21 -0600
Although I am not new to Triumphs, I am new to this group, and I
appreciate the warm welcome I've received so far. I live in Tulsa, OK
and am a member of Green Country Triumphs, VTR and 6-Pack. The first car
I messed with was my Dad's 1926 Model T, but the first car that I owned
was a brand new TR-250 delivered in Coventry for a college kid's dream
trip (10,000 miles in Europe over two months).  Although I was out of
cars for many years due to career, family and other commitments, my
interests today are still centered around old Fords and British Cars or
a combination of the two.  I've still got the TR-250, but it is in need
of restoration, and I just purchased a TR-3A set up for racing from Jeff
Wilt (ex. Bob Kramer).  When I was in college I always wanted to race
SCCA, but didn't have the means or the time.  This year I decided if I'm
going to do it in this lifetime, I had better get with it.  Besides the
Triumphs, I've got two Allards (one powered by a Ford flathead V-8). I
also inherited and restored Dad's T Model and my current project is a
'23 Model T boattail speedster (an original kit car) complete with Rajo
OHV head (talk about vintage sports/race cars). I've already been
reading a lot of information on TR-3 racing, but as get into it further,
I'll probably be asking a lot of questions.  I apologize in advance for
making a nuisance of myself.  Is there an archive of previous
discussions anywhere on the net?  I tried the archive link on the VTR
mailing list page, but it didn't seem to work.  I found some good stuff
at TeriAnn Wakeman's sight, but I'm looking for more.
Larry Young