fot

RE: Fiber Spit Doors

To: "'Rocky Entriken'" <rocky@tri.net>, Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: RE: Fiber Spit Doors
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2002 11:56:48 -0800
One of the cheapest ways to reduce weight is to stop drinking beer. In
fact it costs negative money. I can't really recommend it though.

Seriously though, I saw a beautifully prepped TR4 several years ago built
by a hot rod guy who's name escapes me that had everything lightened that
could be. The taillight mounts had big lightening holes. With no exotic
materials at all, and no illegal fiberglass (unlike my Cheater TR3) the
guy managed to get the car down to an extraordinarily low weight. I don't
recall what it was, but it was lighter than my TR3.  If you were feeling
that nutty, you could acid dip the doors and drill the hell out of the
frame.