fot

Re: Lower A arms & geometry

To: "Bill Babcock" <BillB@bnj.com>
Subject: Re: Lower A arms & geometry
From: "David & Krystal Wingett" <elkhorn@megsinet.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 20:14:52 -0500
Bill
        Thanks for the reply.  ANY data you might still have will be
appreciated.  I think I have the front down .  All done by trial AND error.
Adjustable Aurora joints are the basic first step in Full prep SCCA  E Prod.
The hope of going to full tube, long arms is another matter.
        It's the rear that's my current problem.
  I'm setting up to run 2"f ,3"r ride height. I would like to run 2" f & r
but I can't get around the rear bump steer problem. What I really want to
know is :  Having dropped the ride from 6+" to 3" the rear arms geo. is way
off.  I have been correcting it with the brackets ...Flipping on & on & on &
ON.    My thought is that these brackets need to be raised the same amount
the chase is dropped.  Into the cockpit if need be.  (Legal in Current SCCA
if covered by metal.)  This would (in my way of thinking) keep the Geo. the
same as far as a pivot point.     Input?
      Name the book I probably have it.  In Fred Puhm's book  "How to make
your car handle" it gives an illustration of our IRS suspension.  I just
don't have the math background to figure it out and I haven't found any
software that has IRS / Trailing Arms in it's program. I would suspect with
the 914 & 911 having a similar type trailing arms, software would be
available...not the case.
                David Wingett