fot

RE: Transponder-TR3 Optimum Location

To: "'N197TR4@cs.com'" <N197TR4@cs.com>, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Transponder-TR3 Optimum Location
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 10:56:06 -0700
According to AMD you need a clear line of sight to the pavement, the
transmitter has to point down at the track (opposite end from the wire in
hardwired versions, opposite end from the securing clip in rechargeables)
and a distance of 10" to 14". In reality I've seen them mounted inside a
closed car, pointing the wrong way and they worked, sort of.

I mounted mine inside the front wheel well against the extended
firewall--of course that's Peyote. For my radical I also mounted it inside
the wheel well on the side pod. The units are not affected by a little
water spray or track slime, but don't put them where the wheel could
actually grind away at them (duh). Remember to put the AMD sticker on the
outside of the car close to where you mounted it so the tech guys can find
it easily when they run the test wand under the car.