fot

Re: Transponder-TR3 Optimum Location

To: N197TR4@cs.com
Subject: Re: Transponder-TR3 Optimum Location
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 13:07:46 -0500
N197TR4@cs.com wrote:

> Kent Howard is installing a transponder in his LITTLE RED RIDING HARD #13.
>
> His mechanic needs to know best mounting location. Help!!!
>
> Joe Alexander

I mounted mine to the front surface of the left front inner wheel well. That
is, in the cavity between the front valence and the inner fender. It's about
2" above the bottomn of the inner fender.

I chose this location because it is not in the line of fire for things thrown
up from the front wheel, is not in the line of fire for things thrown at the
car by competitors, it might stay a little drier there, and my ignition wiring
harness runs down that side anyway.

--

uncle jack