fot

Re: SU carb mods

To: johnkipping@inet.net.nz, whitedog72@hotmail.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: SU carb mods
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 11:34:29 EDT
In a message dated 5/13/02 3:11:53 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
johnkipping@inet.net.nz writes:

<<  I have a friend who runs a GP Spitfire. The car is set up nicely with a
 > great suspesion and a good engine. I have been crewing with him for the
 last
 > year and the more I know the car the more I think he needs to have his
 carbs
 > modified. I cannot find anything that shows me his carbs have been
 modified.
 > I think they are totally stock. I have the ability to modify them and I am
 > looking for some advice on what to do.
 > Any takers?
 >                            Andy
 >                           97% complete E-prod GT6

Jack Wheeler had the TR-4 SU carbs tested by Dick Stockten (sp?), and
concluded that the stock setup is the best.  Jack told me that his carbs were
totally stock when he won the run-offs at Mid Ohio.