fot

Re: Oil galley Plug-tr3/4

To: "Dean Tetterton" <richtr@erols.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Oil galley Plug-tr3/4
From: "Greg Solow" <gregmogdoc@surfnetusa.com>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 23:14:21 -0700
We have special banjo bolts that we had made that screw into the 3/8-18 hole
that goes into the main oil galley just in front of the mechanical fuel pump
mounting boss. The bolts are stainless steel and have drilled heads so that
they can be safety wires to prevent their comming loose.  We drill out the
banjo hole on the original steel oil pressure gauge connector pipe and
shorten the pipe on the double flaired end. We then connect it to the
original flex hose and from there go to a junction block where we can
install a 35# oil pressure warning light switch as well as a connection to
go to the original mechanical oil pressure gauge. We have found this to be
an easy, effective, clean, and reliable setup. mounting the light sending
unit on the engine directly, subjects it to heat and vibration that can
cause failure.  Remote mounting reduces the likelhood of the switch failing.
    We have the bolts and oil light switches in stock and can modify your
oil line. please call us at 831 429-1800 if you are interested.

Regards,

Greg Solow

The Engine Room

Santa Cruz, Ca.