fot

Re: Overdrive Setup for Racing

To: vucinic@b140.aone.net.au, cartravel@pobox.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Overdrive Setup for Racing
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 23:40:12 EDT
In a message dated 5/15/02 6:53:41 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
vucinic@b140.aone.net.au writes:

<< adjusted the top cover switches;  >>

- I have never seen anyone use the top cover switches.

- I assume that you removed the inner four of the eight springs between the
front plate and the overdrive, and also enlarged the operating oil hole.

- If nothing else works, you could also drop the pressure by removing some
shims in front of the accumulator spring to see if it starts to work.

I am no expert on these units.  Mine have quit working from time to time for
no apparent reason.  I have torn them apart, see nothing wrong, put them back
together again, and they start working.