fot

NEW PRODUCT - TR 2-4A - Silicone Sump Gasket

To: Amici Triumphi <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: NEW PRODUCT - TR 2-4A - Silicone Sump Gasket
From: Justin <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 23:54:16 -0700
Fellow Amici...

I'm pleased to announce that I will be in the testing phase of  a TR 2
through 4A silicone sump/oil pan gasket.    Once again, I thought
outside the box and came up with an innovative approach to make the
gasket an absolute seal.  Like my valve cover gasket, it should last for
years... standing up to many multiple on-offs... etc.

Unlike the valve cover gasket, that only works with a stock cover, this
sump gasket will work with ALL sumps, stock, after market aluminum ones,
or even those home made modified ones out there on your cars..

It will be considerably more expensive than the valve cover gasket,
partly because of more silicone and other differences, but mostly
because the gasket will be coming with some high tech aircraft mil spec
hardware that is part of the package.  There are 19 bolts on this sump,
the cost of these add up!  The additional cost will be worthwhile,
particularly for Amici... as this set up will stand up to the rigors of
racing and the nuts can not loosen.   (More details on this as I work
out details.)

Assuming the gasket passes all road tests, I should be able to start
production in the next few weeks.   At first, the gaskets will have to
flow at a trickle, as it will take time to build any stock and make
additional molds after the design is proven in use.

Secondly, there are still many loose ends.... packaging, directions,
etc. etc. etc.

I am NOT announcing this gasket to the Triumph Newsgroup yet... please
do not mention it there.   I am hopeful that some Amici will be the
first customers, so that the first gaskets can get some rigorous use
right off the bat...   I'll make a more formal announcement when I have
product full ready (and available!) for sale!

Now that I have a physical shop space, I am hopeful that there will be a
snowball effect, and future products will follow in a more timely
manner.   Please don't ask about the TR 6 valve cover gasket... it is
not forgotten... and it should be next!

If you have an interest in this product, a silicone sump gasket for your
TR 2-4A (and of course, all other cars with the same motor), please drop
me an e-mail and I'll put you on the list to notify as they come off the
line.

--Justin Wagner
J. M. Wagner Sales, Ltd.
jmwagnersales.com

(There will be an AMICI discount on this gasket, as there has already
been on the valve cover gasket (for years now), but I don't have pricing
yet and I don't know what that will be. )