fot

Re: Engine out of TR6 -- how to mount it on the stand?

To: shook@usc.edu
Subject: Re: Engine out of TR6 -- how to mount it on the stand?
From: Gt6steve@aol.com
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 19:14:25 EDT
I do this regularly on a four legged engine stand much like you describe.  I
use the two top outermost bolt holes and the two lower outermost bolt holes.
My bolts are the valve cover hold downs with assorted spacers.  I've gotten
away with this LOTS of times and even once when the whole assembled engine
got away from me and flopped from top up to top down in an instant.  Don't
try this at home Kids!  Your setup should be fine.  It's not as much load as
we think.
Steve