fot

Re: Results: Safety Wiring Sump Bolts Questionaire

To: BillDentin@aol.com, grandwazoo@earthlink.net, jmwagner@greenheart.com,
Subject: Re: Results: Safety Wiring Sump Bolts Questionaire
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Sat, 8 Jun 2002 16:03:00 EDT
BillDentin@aol.com writes:

<< btw, I'm one of the loctite sort of guys >>

I use to loctite also, but it doesn't seem necessary.  It is just that much
more hard stuff to clean out of the threads, and prevent you from reaching
the proper torque's upon reassembling.  Just a little oil, lock washers,
speed wrench, and torque wrench seem to work.  You might leak a little.

I just put oil on the sump gaskets rather that sealant.  That way, they are
reusable.