fot

Re: Mid Ohio A great success.... x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"

To: "T.R. Householder" <trhouse@greenapple.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Mid Ohio A great success.... x-mac-creator="4D4F5353"
From: Brett Johnson <356drb@indy.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2002 23:06:29 -0800
on 6/16/02 2:11 PM, T.R. Householder at trhouse@greenapple.com wrote:

> I want to take
> the time here to acknowledge the efforts of Brett Johnson Who's coverage
> in his Columns I know were a key in the success of the weekend. He was
> not acknowledeged at the awards reception on Saturday night and I am
> embarassed.

Tom and others,

There is certainly no reason for embarrassment -- following Mike Cook, Kas
Kastner and Burt Levy at the Saturday banquet would have been a chore.  I am
happy if anyone there was encouraged to attend this stellar event by my
coverage in Triumph World Magazine.  It was truly a great time and I hope
that those who attended will be willing to share some of their
experieces/photos (colour) with me to include in the upcoming issue.

Thanks to Tom, Joe Alexander and everyone else who had a hand in this event
-- like the Brits opined at the banquet, Julie and I'll be there in 2012 (as
we were in 1992)!  Maybe I'll have a Triumph race car by then -- instead of
that 1300 cc German car with drum brakes -- which passed Dentinger on
Saturday.... though he was just a bit too much for me today.

Drove our 1960 TR3A home from the track to Indy tonight without incident.
Thanks again to all those FOT folks and others for pulling together this
Triumphant weekend!

Brett Johnson