fot

Re: crankshaft damper

To: <MJSUKEY@cs.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>, <6pack@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: crankshaft damper
From: "Kas Kastner" <kaskas@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 18:17:24 -0700
I have no idea how they balanced this part but for the future, make a mark
on the inside and the outdside of the damper parts so that you can SEE if
the outer part has moved.  On the GT-6 and the TR-6 I drill a 1/8" hole
right through both parts in the belt groove, then check EVERYTIME before I
send th car out to see that a 1/8" drill bit will drop through this drilled
hole clean.  Worth doing.  The timing and the balance can be WAY off if the
outer ring moves. ( that is a given that you are checking the timing against
the mark on the pulley.)