fot

Crank pulley

To: <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Crank pulley
From: "Mike Rose" <lytspeed@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2002 15:10:33 -0400
A three inch section of the rear half of the stock crank pulley on my '59 TR3
has, somehow, broken and I am in the process of replacing both pulleys and the
generator with narrow belt pulleys (thanks to Jack Drews) and a Delco
alternator.  The only problem I am having is removing the bolt (the one with
the crank "dogs" and the 1 1/8" head that goes through the stock fan extension
and holds the whole pulley/extension/fan to the crank).  The bloody thing is
original and is very, very tight.  Does anyone have any good advice on how the
heck I can remove it without destroying anything?

Thanks,

Mike Rose