fot

RE: Tyre Pressure/Temperature

To: "'Wes Dayton'" <oilyrag@hsrca.org.au>,
Subject: RE: Tyre Pressure/Temperature
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 06:57:59 -0700
Yes you can, but it's fairly hard because air is a mixed gas. Each of the
gases has a different coefficient, so even though the pressure,
temperature and volume are calculable with Bernoulli's formula the change
is non-linear. You can fill your tires with Nitrogen instead of air and
enjoy both a smaller variation in pressure with temperature and an easier
calculation