fot

Re: tyre pressure

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>, <Chasgee@aol.com>
Subject: Re: tyre pressure
From: Brett Johnson <356drb@indy.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 14:06:56 -0800
on 7/24/02 9:41 AM, Joe Curry at spitlist@gte.net wrote:

> Interesting merging of topics!  On the Triumph list, there has been a thread
> about why TR7's are maligned.
>
> I have noticed that the Porsche 944 owners are often categorized by other
> (rear engine) owners in much the same way that TR7/8 owners are by earlier
> TR owners!

As one of those rear engine owners (though most of mine were built before
1956), I can tell you that when the 911 was introduced, it was rejected by
the old guard -- as was the 914, 924, 928 and less so, the 944.  Of this
group the 911 has been embraced by most these days, even though there is a
T-shirt out there that says, "Real Carreras have four cams."  If you want to
know which Porsches are acceptable, you just need to get a price guide.  How
about a nice brown 924?

Brett Johnson
Yeah, I have a TR3A too....