fot

Re: Spitfires in SCCA FP/GP Classes

To: EISANDIEGO@aol.com
Subject: Re: Spitfires in SCCA FP/GP Classes
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2002 13:15:29 -0700
EISANDIEGO@aol.com wrote:

>        Glen,
>
>        I hate to be the one who tells you this, but just being associated
> with Triumphs has certain implications about one's status as an Old Fart.
>
>        Around Southern California, the hot ticket is highly tuned, high rev
> newer cars. I am sure, given an opportunity, these guy can put another 100 or
> more horsepower into Joe Currey's Honda Spitfire ("The Honfire").

But since the engine was virtually new when I got it and is highly reliable
coupled with the fact that I can't even get all 240 horses to hook up to
the pavement, I have forgone doing any further mods for now.  Maybe in a couple
years if I have to do any overhaul work, I will add a few horses!

Joe

P.S. That's Curry as in the spice ;)

(One of the original "Spice Guys")