fot

Re: Not Triumph, but related

To: kaskas@earthlink.net, mjb@autox.team.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Not Triumph, but related
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 14:48:58 EDT
In a message dated 8/14/02 7:26:08 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
kaskas@earthlink.net writes:

<< This sure sounds like a different Bob Sharp.  I've known Bob for thirty
five
 years and he is from Conn. and was a Datsun and Nissan car dealer and racer
 of note.  I've never know him to reside in Calif or the West.  His son is
 Scott Sharp that races in the IRL.>>

Kas's Bob Sharp is the one who I came across in the 60's.  He helped me out
once at Nelson Ledges when my front suspension started cracking away from the
frame of my death machine.  Bob also raced on the US eastern tracks.  I
suppose that he could have moved out west at a later date.

He also supported Paul Newman's early racing efforts.  My claim to fame was
when the people I was with told me that P. L. was stuck behind me for a lap
and a half until he blew by me at the end of the back straight at Nelson
Ledges.

I believe that Paul Newman is now up in his late 70's, and still races from
time to time.