fot

Re: TR6 axles 2nd try

To: whitedog72@hotmail.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 axles 2nd try
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 10:44:58 EDT
In a message dated 8/16/02 4:28:16 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
whitedog72@hotmail.com writes:

<< How in the blippin Heck do you get the hubs
 pulled off of Tr-6 axles." I don't have a manual ;o) I have a big puller and
 lots of Kroil. I don't want to do anything dumb. So how do I need to do it.

TR-6 axles might be different from TR-3 and TR-4 axles.  I blew a hole
through a piece of plate steel so that it would slide over the axle.  Then
appropriate holes are drilled in the plate for bolting the puller to the
plate.  The hub is then being pulled from behind by the plate.  I bent a hub
by pulling on the wheel studs.

Sometimes, you have to put the hub under tension, use some heat, and tap it
with a hammer (hopefully not hard enough to bung it up).