fot

RE: Master Cylinder

To: "'Tony Drews'" <tony@tonydrews.com>, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Master Cylinder
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 21:20:34 -0700
I like the Wildwood stuff--you'll have to do quite a bit of work to make
the installation sano, but I made it work on my TR3. You are probably
considering using a single cylinder with dual circuit. Instead I'd
recommend two cylinders with a balance bar. Then you can set the brake
balance from the cockpit. I installed a complete Wildwood setup, replacing
the pedals and the clutch MS at the same time. It wasn't that hard, but if
you want to retain a more "vintage" setup you can easily use the stock
pedals, retain the clutch MS, and weld a wildwood balance bar pivot to the
brake pedal assembly. You can bend the upper arm of the existing brake
pedal and extend the box to hold two master cylinders. Works great.

I've never had any luck with the valve-type balance systems.