fot

Re: Mechanical vs electrical instrumentation

To: "Bill Sohl" <billsohl@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: Mechanical vs electrical instrumentation
From: "jaboruch" <jaboruch@netzero.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 23:29:23 -0400
My experience is that electric gauges will not take as much abuse,
such as getting wet, vibration, leaning on when trying to do something
else behind the dashboard, etc.  I personnally stick with mechanical
guages when I have a choice, and so far that has worked for me.  Some
of my opinion has been tainted because of my 1985 Chevy pickup that
had a few gauges fail.  I took the truck off road quite a bit, and all
that bouncing around did them in.  Joe(B)