fot

Mechanical vs electrical instrumentation

To: "jaboruch" <jaboruch@netzero.net>
Subject: Mechanical vs electrical instrumentation
From: "Bill Sohl" <billsohl@mindspring.com>
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 14:54:21 -0400
So which is better?

Mechanical gauge, mechanical capillary tube and sensor or....

Electrical gauge, one wire and sensor.

Seems like with today's electronics, the
electrical should win out in terms of reliability...But then
I come from an electronic background so maybe I'm
biased.  In today's electronics/electriucals, unless
something is violated in terms of rated design,
the electronic/electric usually is rock solid once
an "infant mortality" phase is passed...and even
such infant mortality/initial use hase a pretty
good reliability factor.

Cheers,
Bill Sohl