fot

Re: Accusump pressure

To: "Henry Frye" <thefryes@iconn.net>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Accusump pressure
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 15:44:25 -0500
Like Bill Babcock, I usually blip the engine to pump the oil pressure back
up just before I shut off. I do want 70-80 in the Accusump then (but I'm
looking at my engine pressure gauge, not my Accusump gauge, which I cannot
see when I'm belted in). My Accusump gauge is usually within a pound or two
of the engine gauge.

When I turn it back on, the Accusump pressure and the (zero) engine pressure
equalize so I have 30-40 in the engine when I start it. I don't leave the
Accusump open for any 30 seconds though. I just watch my engine pressure
gauge, and when it quits rising (it has all the pressure the Accusump can
give it) then I hit the key. If I leave it open too long before starting, I
begin to lose engine pressure again.

Mine feeds to a tee just before the inlet of what used to be the oil filter
boss on the engine (which now has a remote filter and an oil cooler. So it
goes directly to the engine, and the other direction goes directly toward
the oil cooler but a one-way checkvalve there prevents it flowing into the
cooler.

--Rocky