fot

Weber Manifolds

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Weber Manifolds
From: Henry Frye <thefryes@iconn.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 09:31:59 -0400
Hope everyone had as much fun this weekend as I did. I met up with FOT'ers
Bob Lang and Bob Totton at the year ending New England Region Solo II event
and made a total fool out of myself by bringing my race car. We had light
mist falling all day, I was running a welded rear, an engine that comes on
cam around 4500 and a set of the slipperiest wet tires I have ever driven,
Hoosier Vintage TD's. And the Hoosiers are pretty much toast after 4
weekends, so there is not much tread left! Needless to say nobody in my
class was worried about me riding into town and stealing one of their
trophies.  ;-)  Well, if they were worried, there was no reason! I had a
blast sliding my way around, but every time the engine came on cam the
rears broke loose and I was all over the place.

Had a strange failure, the roll pin that holds the accelerator bracket to
the shaft from the accel pedal. Thanks to Bob Totton for the DeWalt
cordless drill, bits and Bob Lang for a cotter pin for a repair on the grid!

Anyway, the Weber manifold question. Cannon or TWM? Is there a difference?
Whose is better?