fot

Power for a lift.

To: "'Bob Kramer'" <rgk@flash.net>, "Russ Moore" <rem@cbord.com>
Subject: Power for a lift.
From: "Russ Moore" <rem@cbord.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 12:50:14 -0500
Bob,
I have seen those before, they work pretty well. What are the economics of
finding a 220volt 4-5 hp motor and using it to power the device. I think
they're quite a bit (lots) less expensive than the converter. Even if you
had to alter a mounting plate it would be worth it. Typically a 5-6 HP
compresser would have just the item I believe. Getting it to work and mate
with the gear reduction shouldn't be too difficult.
There are actually some places that specialize in "used" electrical
equipment. Even a new motor is likely just a couple of hundred dollars from
a place like Grainger. There are better deals than theirs out there.......
Not a bad price.

Russ Moore