fot

Re: Power for a lift.

To: rem@cbord.com, rgk@flash.net
Subject: Re: Power for a lift.
From: BillDentin@aol.com
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 16:30:37 EST
In a message dated 11/07/2002 3:20:42 PM Central Standard Time, rem@cbord.com
writes:

> Having no lift vs. having a lift is the same difference as working out in a
> snowbank in the dark,in a blizzard, with no light, coat or proper tools is
> to working in a dry, warm, well lit shop with stereo all the right tools
> and
> someone to bring you a Guinness at the appropriate time! I have tried both
> modes, not a hard choice, believe me!
>
> Problem is, once you're had one, you can't go back to working without one.
>
> I'm spoiled!

AMEN!!!

About four years ago, we put in a 9,000 pound capacity twin post lift, with
custom extra low pick up arms.  It's the greatest thing since sliced bread.
It is installed in our shop (vice in my residence garage), but we too had a
'power problem'.  Our solution was to bring in the three phase power.  I am
embarrassed to say that now I even put the car on the lift to polish it.  Now
that's lazy.

Bill Dentinger

PS

We selected the 9,000 lb capacity so we could put a pick up truck or fork
lift on it if we wanted to.