fot

Silicone Valve Cover Gasket

To: Amici Triumphi <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Silicone Valve Cover Gasket
From: Justin <jmwagner@greenheart.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 22:11:55 -0800
AMICI,

It is time for my (roughly) quarterly reminder to AMICI members that I
have a standing discount to AMICI of $10.00 off my valve cover gasket.
This is because the membership grows and there's no standard "welcome to
the club" basket of goodies to present to new members.  So an occasional
reminder is the best method of getting the word out to new members.

This discount is for AMICI members' racing Triumphs only, not for street
cars.   I'm sorry that I can't make it unlimited, but the $10.00
discount is a deep discount relative to what is involved in bringing a
gasket from raw materials to your cars.

However, if you have friends that drive Triumphs, please point out to
them that it is currently on E-bay with a $4.00 discount.  You can also
see a photo of the upcoming sump gasket in that same advertisement.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1872307353

Please spread the word on the gasket as word of mouth saves money on
advertising.  If I pay for advertising, I must raise the price of the
gasket.  This is what has kept me from advertising the gasket in
magazines and the such.   It is my desire to keep the gasket affordable.

These gaskets have been on your cars since 1997!  Needless to say, they
last a long time!  That's 6 years some of you have had this gasket.
How many gaskets and gasket dressings would you have bought in that
time?   How many hours would you have spent scraping off old gaskets?
How much time would you have spent prepping new cork gaskets with
sealants?   How much oil would have ended up in the engine compartment
and tarmac? How much time would you have spent cleaning up the mess?
How often would your car have been laid up waiting on a new cork
gasket?  Would you have check your valves as often as you did, if you
had to fear that your cork gasket wouldn't survive the inspection?  If
you bought a silicone valve cover gasket 6 years ago, I would imagine it
has paid for itself many times over.

--Justin Wagner
J. M. Wagner Sales, Ltd.