fot

Re: Running on the battery

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Running on the battery
From: Herald948@aol.com
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 10:12:09 -0500
This past summer, about one-third the distance into my 1200+ mile drive from NY
to MN for the VTR Convention in my Herald, my IGN light began to stay on. At
first it appeared to be only a sticky voltage regulator contact that could be
"persuaded" to work each time. To be safe, though, I decided to get off the
Interstate before dark and deal with the problem in a more professional manner.
(uh-huh)

I stopped at a Walmart and bought a spare battery to carry with me just in case
(I'd looked at various chargers and decided they were too much nuisance).
Carrying that spare battery proved to be the fix, as the problem never came up
again for the rest of the 2500-mile round trip.

Once home, though, everything started acting up again. Given extreme lack of
time to deal with the problem, it's been easier to swap in the spare battery
and charge the dead one as needed. ;-) Maybe this winter I'll get the generator
and/or regulator straightened out....

--Andy Mace