fot

2003 International Triumph Challenge press release

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: 2003 International Triumph Challenge press release
From: Henry Frye <henry@henryfrye.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 11:34:21 -0500
Hey gang,

I have been busy this morning sending out this press release to Vintage
Racing and Triumph enthusiast worlds... Can't forget you guys!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

CONTACT
Russ Moore, Event Coordinator
607-539-7442 between 7-10PM eastern time
rem9@sunlink.net.

Date and venue set for the 2003 International Triumph Challenge

December 1, 2002  --  The Friends of Triumph, in conjunction with VARAC and
Mosport International Raceway are pleased to confirm the 2003 International
Triumph Challenge. Racing Triumphs of all levels of preparation are invited
to come and participate at Mosport on June 26 -29, 2003. The Vintage
Automobile Racing Association of Canada (VARAC) has named Triumph the
featured marque of it's annual Vintage Festival, and is working with the
Friends of Triumph to ensure a successful event. Upon seeing the excitement
and enthusiasm we brought to Mid-Ohio last year, VARAC and Mosport are
offering an additional practice day for us, making the event a full four
days, a first for the Vintage Festival!

VARAC hosts a handful of Vintage and Historic classes, so we are assured
plenty of track time for all racers. We will have a VARAC driving
instructor with decades of experience at Mosport in attendance for those of
us who have not had the pleasure of experiencing the track at speed.

The Toronto Triumph Club and the British Saloon Car Club will be hosting a
Peoples Choice car show. Plans are also in the works for an autocross
and/or a road rally for those interested in sharing in the fun.

This event will mark the return to North America by the Brits, last seen at
Mid-Ohio in 2002. As of this writing they are over committed for their car
transporter, so we are sure to see a good showing of entries from the UK.
Rumor has it they are working on hiring a second transporter! Inquiries
indicate that there may be other countries represented.

VARAC has agreed to allow any level of race car preparation, from Vintage
through current SCCA spec, as long as the car runs on treaded tires. Fuel
cells and proper roll over protection required. If your race car is Triumph
powered, it is most probably eligible to run this event. Drivers should
have credentials from any VMC member organization or SCCA. Any questions on
car or driver eligibility should be directed to Russ Moore.

Commitments are already in place for several very significant Triumph race
cars to be in attendance, on track as competitors or pace cars.

For up to the minute information, visit these websites - Friends of
Triumph, www.fot-racing.com; VARAC, www.varac.ca; and Mosport International
Raceway, www.mosport.com.

This is going to be the event of the season for Triumph racers and fans.
Plan now to attend!

                                                 # # #