fot

Re: 2003 International Triumph Challenge - Tire Requirement

To: henry@henryfrye.com
Subject: Re: 2003 International Triumph Challenge - Tire Requirement
From: EISANDIEGO@aol.com
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 12:19:30 EST
       I recall noticing that Ford GT40s at vintage events utilize a tire
that is constructed like a road racing slick, but has minimal original thin
tire thread to satisfy vintage requirements. Does anyone know who sells these
competition tires?

       If the organizers of this event really want to showcase all eras of
Triumph racecars, they should allow newer models to run slicks as they did
and currently do in the SCCA. Why make someone go through more hoops (making
suspension adjustments) than necesary to particpate in the event ? Why have
them purchase tires for one event? Let them run in a separate class if that
the issue.

       I already sent my $0.02 to the organizers through Russ. If you feel
the same, suggest you let him know as well.

Cary