fot

RE: Quaife

To: "'N197TR4@cs.com'" <N197TR4@cs.com>
Subject: RE: Quaife
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 14:36:51 -0800
Saying that they are used in Formula One doesn't mean much--they use a lot
of Quaife products, but they don't have anything to do with what we can
buy or how it will perform. Playboy bunnies wear Hanes underpants. So do
I, but don't be looking for me in any centerfolds--anywhere.

I do agree about the smoothness and the setup. Of course you could say the
same thing about an open diff. If you want to watch someone blow up, ask
any of the sports racer guys about torque-biasing diffs. On cars that
experience very high corner loads they are a bit dangerous. You go from
push to no push as soon as the inside wheel lifts, which generally means
you are facing backwards before you can blink.

I'm switching for next year--not because I think I lost any races, or any
real lap time, but because it pisses me off to not have drive coming out
of a corner when I know I could have.

Bill "big chubby bunny" Babcock