fot

Re: Rotoflex rear Hubs

To: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@gte.net>,
Subject: Re: Rotoflex rear Hubs
From: "John Kipping" <johnkipping@inet.net.nz>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 13:01:15 +1300
Joe,
Personally I think you are trying to reinvent the wheel, yes the hubs do
wear out but it takes a long time and they are available new. When
reassembling use the far superior front diff nut as fitted to later
Spitfires and fix it with a good dose of loctite - I reckon that with the
donut replaced with a CV joint a lot of forces will be lower on the bearings
in any case, as you may know it is always the inner bearing and the part of
the hub that runs inside it that is always worn.
John Kipping