fot

Re: Need Spitfire Diff Help

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Need Spitfire Diff Help
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2003 19:12:29 -0700 (MST)
As I recall the bearing surfaces on the later pinion were of a larger
diameter, though the diff cases had the same dimensions.  So you could
put the later, larger diameter pinion in the early case, or the smaller
diameter early pinion in the later case as long as you got the bearings
to go with it.  I may be wrong, it has been a few years since I've needed
to do any Spit or GT6 diff internals.   Hmmm, I think the last time was when
Chris K. was in town with his GT6 and we installed the Quaife.  That has
been a year or two!

mjb.