fot

Re: Need Spitfire Diff Help

To: "Dean Tetterton" <richtr@erols.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Need Spitfire Diff Help
From: "John Kipping" <johnkipping@inet.net.nz>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 08:53:04 +1300
Dean,
The early 4.11 can't be fitted to the front casing of 3.89. (It's is all to
do with the pinion tail bearing). However there is an easily available 4.11
that does fit straight in to the later front housings - in the US it was
used for the 1972 Spitfire IV 1300 - in the UK it was extremely common and
new or secondhand ones are readily available (it was used in Marina 1300s
and Toledo 1300s)
John Kipping