fot

roll cage info

To: "FOT LIST" <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: roll cage info
From: "rgk" <rgk@flash.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 19:44:24 -0600
FOT,
I tried to look up past postings about roll cages in the FOT archives knowing
that there was much discussion in years past, but I couldn't get the Search
function to work. I tried to find a thread to no avail. What I'm looking for
is ideas as to where to mount the rear hoop to the frame on a TR4A-TR6. I
remember hearing that a sandwich plate mount to the frame  was preferred to
direct welding, but with my 6'1" height, I need the rollbar to mount next to
the wheelwells not in front. This worked in a TR4. I'm thinking about building
a bolt-in mount to fit in the middle of the trailing arm mounts using large
bolts and sandwiching the frame that way and then mounting through the floor.
What are other IRS cars doing?
TIA
Bob Kramer
rgk@flash.net