fot

RE: Biennial FOT/VTR "meet"

To: <EISANDIEGO@aol.com>, <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Biennial FOT/VTR "meet"
From: "Russ Moore" <rem@cbord.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 10:42:17 -0500
Cary,
The entire concept of the ITC was one I approached VARAC with back in
September at Watkins Glen. It was not an idea hatched in Canada as you
imply. Henry and I spent a considerable amount of time discussing the
options and past episodes involving Triumphs with the successful outcome we
had hoped for. It would be quite difficult to stage a race event without the
cooperation of a sanctioning body in the US or in Canada. One of the key
factors is insurance and also financial ability. Also a need for corner
workers and medical support and emergency vehicles. When you roll this all
together it really adds to cost. Many tracks will not even talk to folks
unless they are under an umbrella of a "well" known sanctioning body.
In the past, it has been difficult to offer an inexpensive entry fee AND a
desirable level of track time. This was the motivation behind our effort to
initiate the Mosport event. The track is wonderful and well historied and
recently repaved; the sanctioning body is a club of true enthusiasts; there
is a great deal of track time (more than double most US events); the dollar
exchange is in our favor; and we're being treated as guests and not as "Just
another group with 6 laps of a race that may be shortened if the main
feature runs over!"

I certainly support the continued interest of racing Triumphs, I will be a
part of it. The Canadian event may not be possible again as Mosport changes
and likely VARAC experiences changes also, we don't know. What we do know is
we can offer unprecedented track time this year at a reasonable price and we
can also include some Triumphs outlawed by other sanctioning bodies.

We are hopeful VTR will be a part of this event and certainly there are a
number of events in the discussion stage with some of the Triumph clubs from
above the border we hope to see take place at the ITC. Please keep an eye on
the website at www.fot-racing.com for updates. In this economic climate it's
often a challenge to put together a good deal for folks, but I think we have
a great one in the making. I do hope you'll attend.

Russ Moore
ITC Coordinator