fot

Re: VARA NON-tech at the speedway.

To: mchalmers@earthlink.net, gasket.works@gte.net, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: VARA NON-tech at the speedway.
From: TRBILBO@aol.com
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 21:18:37 EST
Thanks Murray for the great response.!

I did not indeed get the notice (or if I did I am guilty of not having read
it) that this was to be an all day affaire (car show etc.) . My family would
have loved to have been there but I convinced them that because I had to work
i'd only be there a short time. My son did enjoy the time spent and he's
alreadt daily driving a Triumph so I expect he'll be track bound in a year or
two as well.

 I fully support Wayne and the gang and the safety program VARA tries to
implement and like I said...Next year my body is Wayne's for the day so I can
help tech too!!

If I had known that was the venue, or the approx time when the car class
might get teched, like you suggested we might be able to arrange for next
year, guys like me who could only get a half day off on the occasional
saturday might be able to take the second half off and get work and fun done
in the same day.

Always a VARA supporter and my hats of to those who work so hard to keep
things together. Been there...done that with other large body organizations.

Hell, it's only three years to retirement....then we'll see what other sorts
of things I can do to help keep VARA going too. I'm looking forward to it.

Thanks for the clarification and the information. I did not realize there
were Tech Catch ups at the first three races..... I always got it done at
Annual Day so never noticed I guess. I'll try to take advantage of that.

Again, thanks for taking the critique in the spirit intended. My best to the
BOD.

Here's to a great race season!

Bill Burroughs, #195

In a message dated 1/13/2003 10:41:27 AM Pacific Standard Time,