fot

Re: J Type Overdrive Operating Temperatures

To: "Peter Vucinic" <vucinic@b140.aone.net.au>, "FOT"
Subject: Re: J Type Overdrive Operating Temperatures
From: "John Kipping" <johnkipping@inet.net.nz>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 10:48:21 +1300
The simple answer is very hot, so hot that it is common to find the plastic
bag that holds the sound deadening in place melted on, (when used in a
Vitesse or GT6)  The only thing that appears to be affected is the solenoid
and a certain number of these just stop working at high temperatures. I
would recommend using a part synthetic gear oil with a 75W/90 rating to GL5.
(Do not use a GL5 gear oil in the diff as it attacks the copper washers, GL4
only)
John Kipping