fot

Re: Wheel Bearings

To: "Patrick Caswell" <tr4u@earthlink.net>,
Subject: Re: Wheel Bearings
From: "John Kipping" <johnkipping@inet.net.nz>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 10:29:01 +1300
I've never identified a manufacturer of poor bearings, in fact you'll find
many Timken bearings are made in obscure places these days so fit whatever
you can get.
The only time I ever had problems with any bearings was the taper rollers
fitted to differential pinions, for various technical reasons the smaller
front pinion bearing on a Spitfire etc is prone to seizing up if a new one
is fitted and certain procedures not done, Timken ones are less prone to
seizure.
John Kipping