fot

State of the Onion speech

To: fot@autox.team.net
Subject: State of the Onion speech
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 19:06:34 EST
In a message dated 1/29/03 8:35:57 AM Pacific Standard Time,
Ryoung@navcomtech.com writes:

<< And as far as the supposed problem we are trying to solve ... when do we
get
 to grow wheat in Greenland again ?  The planet is already far cooler than it
 was in the past ... there is evidence that man's use of fossil fuels is the
 only reason we aren't entering another Ice Age ...>>

Recently, every morning when I crawl out of bed, I have a massive
snow-blowing job waiting of me.  That has made me wonder where that
Greenhouse Effect has gone.  The Discovery Channel recently aired a program
about scientists studying the ice formations on a remote island north of
Alaska, trying to determine if another ice age has started.  When it does,
one half of the US is supposed to be covered with ice within twenty years.