fot

(no subject)

To: bownes@web9.com, fot@autox.team.net
Subject: (no subject)
From: WEmery7451@aol.com
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 13:24:29 EST
n a message dated 1/30/03 10:00:27 AM Pacific Standard Time, bownes@web9.com
writes:

<< Brings up a good question...How many of you have had parts x-rayed for
 crack/flaw testing? Where did you did someone to do it? Were they local
 or did you have to send the bits out? What was the experience like? I
 have a few front spindles I need checked (non TR application) and new
 ones are not available (at all).

 I had some spindles magnafluxed at Brougher's Machine Shop by Ed Miley,
after taking a 100 yard belly slide off of the back straight of Nelson Ledges
from a spindle break.  My guess is that practically any local machine shop
can do it, unless you are referring to a different process.