fot

RE: X-ray of parts

To: "'Keptin Komrade Dr. BobWrench III esq. '" <bownes@web9.com>,
Subject: RE: X-ray of parts
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 10:24:47 -0800
 I've had a lot of parts magafluxed, and I Zyglo smooth stuff myself. Both
processes are for surface cracks whereas Xray will reveal internal flaws.
You'll have to check with one of the big guys for xray--metal parts used
to require a very intense gamma flux, an ordinary xray machine doesn't do
much. I suspect that's not true anymore, but would require very sensitive
detectors. In either case you won't find a small shop doing it.

Magnaflux you can get done anywhere.