fot

Re: Retorquing head gaskets

To: <FOT@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Retorquing head gaskets
From: "John Wilkins" <john@race-dogs.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 09:24:12 -0800
I have to concur with Mordy about the Copper, I do check the torque and
never need any more torque. I do retorque stock gaskets after the engine is
cooled back down and all items that have expanded are back to there regular
form. This has worked for me and several reputable engine people have said
the same. Though I know of several people that do it hot and don't seem to
have any problems either!  I guess the main thing is 2 clean "flat" surfaces
and a good Torque Wrench! My 2cents!

John Wilkins