fot

Re: Waxoil??

To: Friends Friends of Triumph <fot@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Waxoil??
From: TeriAnn Wakeman <twakeman@cruzers.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 06:11:34 -0800
On Wednesday, February 19, 2003, at 06:04  PM, Bill Babcock wrote:

>  Ahh, Waxoil. I don't know if there is a messier product available,

it is not so bad if you warm it up before application and clean up over
spray right away with mineral spirits.

> the theory is that you need to do it only once. I dounbt that it true.

The stuff shrinks as it dries leaving cracks down to metal.  It should
be applied at least twice, preferably a least  a week between
applications.  The second coat fills in the cracks from the first.
Waxol is not self healing.

TeriAnn J. Wakeman
Santa Cruz, California
  http://www.cruzers.com/~twakeman

A member of the internet community since 1985.