fot

RE: Southwick Axle Failure

To: "'jaboruch'" <jaboruch@adelphia.net>,
Subject: RE: Southwick Axle Failure
From: Bill Babcock <BillB@bnj.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 10:01:53 -0800
I pulled mine apart last week as part of my campaign to disassemble
everything I have into the greatest number of pieces just before racing
starts again. They looked perfect. I zyglo'ed the base of the splines and
the stress riser near the hub--nothing.

Actually, I've been seduced by evil influences to stick a Trans-x diff
into Peyote. I'm putting the quaife into the cheater and the locker next
to the welded diff I have in my spares. I'm also going to instrument the
cover with a temperature gauge and a telltale. I doubt I'll remember to
look at it while I'm driving--I have a tough enough time with the gauges
I've got.