fot

RE: Suspension analysis challenges

To: "'TeriAnn Wakeman'" <twakeman@cruzers.com>
Subject: RE: Suspension analysis challenges
From: "Dean Tetterton" <richtr@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 21:52:19 -0500
To those interested:
RH Trunnion part number 133838    Moss Part Number 661-450
LH Trunnion part Number 133839    Moss Part Number 661-460

Notice that there is now a right and left side trunnion. Also with this
change it is best to use the TR4A thru TR6 upper A-arms and bolt in ball
joint. This is because the vertical link now sits angled to the back.
The old ball joint will work but puts it in a slight bind. The later
A-arms are angled different to line up. The later ball joint is also
easier to put in and is cheaper.
With this change I have found the steering to be less darty and stops
straight under heavy breaking. This is also legal in my group vintage
racing as it is updating or backdating within the marque.
My TR3A is a 58 so it had the old BIG calipers with the cross tubes so I
changed to TR6 calipers and rotors for less weight. There is also more
selection of pads available.
Dean Tetterton